• 200 ml (1 c) salt
• 100 ml (1/2 c) brown sugar
• 20 ml (1 tbsp) garlic powder
• 10 ml (1 tbsp) seasoning salt
• 10 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
• 105 ml (1/4 c) white sugar
• 155 ml (1/4 c) honey
• 220 ml (1 c) teriyaki, Jamaican jerk or marinade of your choice
• Bone-in Pork Loin Roast
• 4 to 6 garlic cloves sliced in half
Mix marinade ingredients in a large non-metallic mixing bowl. Take roast and make random insertions with a sharp knife. Stuff the cloves of garlic into the insertions made in the meat. Place the roast in the mixing bowl with the marinade and add enough water to cover the roast. Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and store in a cool place overnight. In the morning remove the roast and allow to air dry for about 1 to 2 hours.
Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 90°C (200°F). Using Apple flavor bisquettes and leaving the damper closed smoke/cook for 6 to 10 hours depending on the size of your roast.
This roast is nice with stir fry vegetables and rice. Pineapple wedges add a striking contrast – add to the Bradley Smoker for last 1/2 hour.